We’ve launched our first, all-encompassing survey of open source maintainers! If you actively maintain one or more open source projects, we want to hear from you.
In this survey, we have so many questions that we are super curious about the answers to, including:
- Do you get paid for open source maintenance work, and if so, by whom?
- How has the COVID-19 pandemic impacted your project maintenance work?
- What do you enjoy most about being a maintainer and what do you dislike most?
- Have you ever considered quitting, and if so, why?
Plus many others! If you are as curious as we are about the answers, and want to know what other maintainers are thinking too, well, take the survey and share your thoughts!
Since this is our first Tidelift maintainer survey and we have a lot of things we want to learn, we'd like to compensate you for your time with one of these two way-better-than-average thank you gifts: 😎
- If you are already partnered with Tidelift as a maintainer, or you apply to lift a project and are accepted as a new lifter, we'll send you a pair of custom one-of-a-kind Tidelift Chuck Taylor Shoes (whoa!). Learn more about how lifting a project works here.
- If you are an open source maintainer not partnering with Tidelift, we'd still like to hear from you. Fill out the survey and you'll still get a pair of our snuggly and snazzy Tidelift argyle socks.
Please fill out the survey here.