Today, with the wide availability of millions of open source application development components, many enterprises are producing more software than ever, for both internal and customer consumption. Yet many are finding that as their organizations become software producers, they have yet to develop mature best practices around how to deliver custom applications safely and securely.
IDC research director Jim Mercer has been investigating best practices for organizations to safely and effectively develop apps with open source. This week, on October 14 at 2 p.m. ET, he'll be sharing what he’s learned and previewing some unpublished IDC data on the subject in a live webinar.
Some topics Jim will cover include:
- Setting up good governance and policies around managing open source use
- Addressing security issues
- Recent government and regulatory actions that impact software developers
- Legal, privacy, ethics, and social liability implications
- Tactics and technologies that can help organizations ensure they deliver trusted software
- Common places where organizations get tripped up and risks that need to be managed
Jim will be joined by Tidelift CEO Donald Fischer for discussion, commentary, and Q&A after the presentation.
This is brand new data, and will help your organization make better decisions and streamline the development process while also improving open source software supply chain health and security. You don't want to miss it!